I love this pattern – the drafting is terrific, the neckline really works for me, I can alter it easily. It is my new TNT T!
I got this marble fabric from my buddy at Seamstress fabrics. She only has the good stuff. This is a beautiful organic cotton with spandex and a delight to work with.
One colleague asked me if sewing really did save money. Inevitably I said “it depends – not really for t-shirts, but yes for other things”. My colleague then drooled over the fabric…
It got a label, from my considerable collection of KATM labels. Then coverstitched in variegated black~grey thread (needles) and white (looper).
I got some other fabric from Seamstress at the same time – they were both on sale. More organic cotton spandex but with strawberries this time.
No label yet, cover stitching with red thread in the needles and white in the looper. Amazingly I found two reels in the same colour. I think they are leftover from the elder lass’s year 12 formal dress.
Both t-shirts were sewn on the overlocker and finished on the cover stitch machine. I only had to swap threads on the cover stitch machine – yay!
I cut out both shirts at a social sewing day, then put them together the following day at home. I finished series 3 of The Crown while stitching. I noticed that the frocks were still amazing, but it was not a good time period for hats.
Fabric – Strawberry fabric – 1.2 metres @ $15.00/metre $18.00
Marble fabric – 1.2 meters @ $25.20/metre $30.24
Pattern – Carine Tee from Elbe Textiles – free
Totals = $48.24 – for two t-shirts!
Annoyance factor – Low