Umm yes. The rash tops I made don’t have bust support, and I need it. And I made swim shorts, and need something up top. One piece swimmers were another option, and originally what I intended to make.
I started out with Butterick 5795 making up the size 20 as that seemed right. The pattern’s body length is considerably longer than mine. The fit around my bottom and tummy were OK, a bit tighter would be better. The top half was awful. Way too long, saggy and just blergh. I chopped off the bottom and created a bikini bottom. The top was binned.
I then drafted an entirely new top, using a crop bra as a
template guide, adding some pleats instead of darts. The back straps were too long and too wide to join the front bit (due to being very poorly drafted). I added some pleats and covered up the mess with fold over elastic. This top was not intended to be seen. EVER.
The lycra was from the Peoples Park Palace in Singapore, purchased in 2016. I think it was $6.00 a metre and I use all of the 1.5m I had. It was always intended to be trial fabric for swimwear, green was never my colour.
The rash tops and shorts were used when we were in Brisbane or in a pool. When we were on the island we were told that January is the middle of stinger season. The resort management had full length lycra bodysuits with hoods. They were stunningly ugly but prevented the Irukandji jellyfish from ruining our holiday. The bikini was in constant use, always under the rash tops and bodysuits.
All the good stuff: