This is my final installment in this series, hosted by Gillian at Crafting a Rainbow. Loving that my goals for the following year are starting with March 2018.
- I am sewing more with knits. I think this is because I have a really lovely overlocker and now a coverstitch machine. I am very lucky!
- I’m using Bengaline a lot for trousers. I like the stretch but not the synthetic fibres.
- I make fewer tailored garments for me.
- I have made several casual winter tops. Winter is sorted!
- I’m still slightly scared of my cover stitch machine.
Sewing goals for 2018
- I would like to make some things for my husband. He needs a tangible thanks for choosing the perfect overlocker and coverstitch machines. Thinking that a waistcoat is a good start.
- I need active wear. Everything I have is old, stretched and almost see through. Working on sewing bathers at the moment.
- I need a semi formal jacket or blazer of some sort.
- I need more tops.
- I hope to find a non-synthetic alternative to Bengaline.
Plans – oh my! so many thoughts and ideas. Boiled down to these:
- A waistcoat for the lover (aka husband). Using the Thread theory pattern. He might also get a bamboo fleece jumper.
- Pretty tops for me – at least three that are work appropriate. Using my as yet unopened patterns and fabrics from stash. Also, lots of casual tops using my TNT patterns.
- Bathers, cycling shorts, skating pants…using Melissa Fehr’s “Sew your own activewear” book.
- Yet more trousers. Using a fabric and design that can accommodate waist and tummy fluctuations. I might have to draft my own.