I’m doing the annual sewing round up, “Sewing Top 5”. Gillian hosts it, on her blog “Crafting a Rainbow”.
I’m starting with the flops, binned items and the never finished.
- Navy trousers for work, for a one afternoon a week job with navy trousers in their uniform. I wear them but the fabric is AWFUL. It bags out the second I put them on. No pictures!
- Bra – wrong size pattern that was poorly drafted. Binned it before it could haunt me. I should delete the photos too.
- Passport wallet – OK I tried. I became overconfident after successfully making my son a leather laptop bag. The wallet is documented here and was terrible!
- Wrap dress – not really a complete loss, just rarely used. The drafting was excellent, and it looks good on me. But, I’m not fond of close fitting garments and I’m just not a frock chick.
- I attempted a pair of Lisette trousers, Butterick 6183. Everyone seems to love the Lisette patterns so I though I’d try them. They are sulking and grumbling in the unfinished pile. I chose the wrong size and they are just too small. No pictures!
Next will be the sewing hits post.