The dress had been planned, and started. We’d found the perfect shoes. A small evening bag was needed, but we didn’t see anything that was quite right. I thought a drawstring bag would suit, then remembered the knot bag. Much more elegant and the elder approved.
I found one online and decided to have a go. I had metallic dark grey fabric in stash and bought the black velvet.
The pattern was not well drafted, the circle base is missing the seam allowance. I altered the pattern and added several layers of heavy interfacing to the base.
I didn’t help matters by using a knit fabric with a stable woven…
The finished size is just big enough for the elder’s mobile, purse, lippy and tissues.